The cold season is the last time you want to have your heating system suddenly fail. Knowing how to spot issues early on can help one avoid heating repairs and stay warm throughout the winter. Read on to learn about the sings of a home heater in need of attention, because winter is coming and you don’t want to be left in the cold.
A home’s heater will often exhibit distinct signs when something is wrong, but they won’t always originate in the heater itself. The most obvious tells are when the heater or furnace makes a lot of abnormal and loud noises, which can indicate that the moving parts are in need of lubrication or repair. Other, less clear signs can be a sudden and intermittent spike in your utility bill, a house that isn’t quite warm enough, or uneven heating. When some rooms are colder than others, it can point to several problems and not necessarily just your heater.
Consider contacting an experienced heating repair service to have a look at your heating systems in the case of suspected issues. Professionals quickly and accurately pinpoint the problem. The earlier you catch something wrong, the sooner it can be repaired, especially before it potentially evolves into a larger issue.
Before winter comes, it’s always a good idea to have your furnace or heater inspected by a heating repair company. There are a few routine measures that will extend the life of your heating system and keep it running efficiently, such as lubrication of the blower motor and changing the air filter.
At Ace Plumbing, we can take care of all your heating repair needs and ensure you will settle in for a comfortably warm winter. Call us at (916) 455-4548 to make an appointment or visit our website to explore our range of heating services today.
Your furnace air filter protects your home and the furnace itself from a multitude of impurities. From pet dander and dust to allergens and pollutants, the air filter is a key component of any properly operating furnace, and it should be changed about once a month.
In this video, you can see a demonstration of how an air filter is changed at the main unit of your furnace. Pay attention to the airflow direction indicator, as this will tell you how to orient the new filter. Remove the cover on your furnace, and you should see the location of your air filter fairly easily around the blower motor. Remove the old filter, insert the new in the proper orientation, and you’re good to go for another thirty days.
Ace Plumbing can help you keep your furnace in good condition for this heating season. Give us a call at (916) 455-4548 to learn more about our heating repair services, or visit us online for further information.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family from everyone at Ace Plumbing.
Don’t let small cracks transform into a major plumbing malfunction. Protect your home from leaks and flooding by brushing up on routine maintenance tips. For more information, call Ace Plumbing at (916) 455-4548.
- About.com provides information on homeowners on keeping their garbage disposal clean and clear of debris.
- This Ottawa Citizen article explains how deep drain clogs can cause unpleasant odors within the home.
- The Rapid City Journal prepares families for winter with a checklist for preparing the plumbing .
- Learn how water jet technology can remove roots from underground drains with this eHow.com tutorial.
- HowStuffWorks.com offers this basic summary of common clog draining methods.
Homeowners unknowingly cause numerous clog problems. Review the following plumbing tips to avoid a backed up kitchen or bathroom:
- Greasy Combinations: Most clogs build up over time as homeowners allow food to flow down the drain . Clogs begin with a build up of sediment left by liquid grease and fatty oils from cooking. These sticky substances collect and congeal on the sides of a drainpipe. As this sticky buildup begins to restrict the movement of water down the drain, it also begins to collect additional food particles and hair that gets flushed. These tough clogs typically require the use of high-powered hydro-jetting to clear. The worst of clog ingredients can be kept out of your drains with a screen catch.
- Moisture-Hunting Roots: Tree and plant roots have developed acute systems for detecting water sources. It’s no surprise that plant life often makes its way toward underground water lines. Root invasions are even more likely when small leaks release water directly into the soil. These cracks in plumbing are typically the same points used by roots to access the insides of your pipes. Over time, roots become a natural net that begins to collect hair and grease inside the drain. Further build up can lead to devastating clogs and permanent pipe damage.
- Lost Objects: Homeowners should be diligent in keeping solid objects from traveling down the drain. Even the tiniest smallest objects can cause or contribute to a house-flooding clog. Food waste, like coffee grinds and eggshells, are common culprits. The toilet drains are more likely to clog due to flushed objects like nail polish, over-the-counter medication, and cat litter.
Over time, a heavy-duty clog of debris and greasy oils may become impossible to remove. The growth of resilient roots may also splinter drainpipes and cause serious leaks beneath your home. In cases like these, consider an affordable trenchless replacement through Ace Plumbing . Dial (916) 455-4548 for additional strategies for clearing even the mightiest clogs.
Don’t let tough clogs cost you thousands of dollars in plumbing repairs or water damage. Hydro-jetting is a great, new way to deal with the most resilient drain clogs. Read the following overview to learn a bit more about this effective new technique.
- Hydro-Jetting Advantages: A typical hydro-jetting device employs an extendable hose and spinning hydraulic cutting head. Portable power sources make it easy for professional plumbers to remove most clogs with minimum scratching to the inside of customer drains. For heavily coagulated grease traps or durable tree roots, plumbers utilize vehicle-mounted power to ensure complete removal of blockage. After breaking through a debilitating clog, the same jetters can be used to polish the sides of the pipe. This reduces the need for routine maintenance and cleaning.
- Cutting with Water: At high pressures, water jets can be used to cut through stone and steel. The hydro-jetting secret is high-pressure water diverted through an extremely narrow opening. Tiny water jet nozzles can blast through the most resilient materials without fear of dulling blades or overworking motors. At 4000 PSI, industrial sewage nozzles provide more than enough power to remove grease, hair, and other common clogging materials.
- Options for Homeowners: A dependable plumbing team will provide you with a list of choices for repairing any drain clog. New technology allows us to view clogs located deep within the drain. A video inspection makes it easy for plumbers and homeowners to decide on their next course of action. A flow-stopping oil clog and developed networks of roots are both signs that a hydro-jetting repair is necessary. This investigation helps plumbers determine the right amount of pressure necessary to clear the clog. Video inspection for one problem may also help discover small leaks along the way.
Hydro-jetting is a great option for homeowners looking to get rid of a troubling clog once and for all. Call Ace Plumbing at (916) 455-4548 to learn more about your drain-clearing options.
Unexpected plumbing failure can cause high anxiety and costly repairs. This Angie’s List resource provides homeowners with money-saving maintenance tips.
Angie Hicks of Angie’s List explains how homeowners can reduce the frequency of plumbing problems in the home. The video stresses the importance of knowing where a home’s water valve shut off is located. Cutting the flow of water to the home is a vital step in most home repairs.
Ace Plumbing has served the plumbing and sewage repair needs of Sacramento for more than four decades. We also offer expert HVAC installation for residential and commercial clients. To learn more about our wide array of products and services, call (916) 455-4548 today.
If you’d like to learn more about trenchless plumbing repair and replacement, then visit these helpful online resources. Call the plumbing experts at Ace Plumbing at (916) 455-4548 to schedule a plumbing, heating, or sewer line repair today.
- Check out this blog post from Formadrain to learn about the many benefits of trenchless pipe line replacement.
- To learn about the dangers of galvanized pipes, visit this page from the D.C. Water and Sewer Authority .
- For more information on pipe bursting, read this helpful brief from the North American Society for Trenchless Technology .
- Having trouble with stubborn clogs? This page from PlumbingInfo.org can help you identify the problem.
- Interested in epoxy-based trenchless repairs? Take a look at this article from the Trenchless Technology Directory .
Although well-designed plumbing can survive for decades, there are a number of factors that may affect how long pipes last. While plumbing technology is improving all the time, the piping we use for sewer and water mains today won’t last forever. Plumbing maintenance, how plumbing is used, and the type of damage it is exposed to also have an effect on the longevity of piping materials. Let’s take a closer look at some of the primary reasons why plumbing needs to be replaced.
1. Quality of the Original Plumbing
While we may not have discovered the secret to truly eternal plumbing, pipes made today are much better than those used in decades past. Galvanized plumbing is one of the most common types piping in our current water and sewer systems. However, since it was last installed in the 1950s and 1960s, plumbers have discovered a number of problems associated with galvanized plumbing, including corrosion and lead contamination. Replacing the plumbing in older homes and communities is essential to preventing health issues and extensive property damage.
2. Physical Damage to the Pipe
Water and sewer lines can become damaged for many different reasons. Tree root infiltration is a common cause of water and sewer line damage, and can sometimes cause the pipe to burst completely.
3. Stubborn Clogs
There are a number of situations in which poorly maintained plumbing is beyond repair . Some cases of clogged plumbing are so bad that clearing the clog is either not cost effective or is simply impossible. This can be the case in homes and restaurants that constantly introduce fats, oils, and greases into their drains without regular hydro jetting or using a grease trap.
For the very best plumbing repair services in the Sacramento area, contact Ace Plumbing . We specialize in all types of sewer and water line replacement services, including high-tech trenchless pipe replacement. Visit us online or call (916) 455-4548 today.
Until very recently, extensive sewer and water line repairs involved time-consuming and invasive land excavation. Homes and businesses had to become unsightly and dangerous construction sites so plumbers could remove and replace just one or two pipes. Fortunately, massive digs are now a thing of the past, thanks to trenchless sewer and water line replacement. Let’s take a look at how trenchless plumbing repair works and the benefits it offers.
Trenchless sewer line repair involves two simultaneous processes for plumbing repair:
- First, plumbers use heavy device called a “bursting head” to destroy your underground plumbing. The bursting head is installed at one end of your plumbing, and is pulled towards the other end using heavy-duty hydraulic machinery.
- Second, while the bursting head passes through your existing plumbing, it drags new plastic plumbing behind it. This plumbing seamlessly replaces your old plumbing underground and is ready to use as soon as the final connections are made.
There are a number of benefits to trenchless repairs :
- There is very minimal excavation. Digging typically only occurs where the bursting head enters and exits the ground.
- Trenchless plumbing repairs are much more cost effective than traditional pipe replacement methods. This is because trenchless repairs require much fewer people and much less labor time.
- Finally, it also preserves the surrounding infrastructure, including driveways, roadways, building foundations, and other plumbing structures. This prevents you from costs associated with the typical pipeline-repair processes.
To learn more about the many benefits of trenchless repair services, contact Ace Plumbing . We provide quick and professional trenchless sewer and water line repair services for homeowners and businesses. We also provide professional heating and plumbing services throughout the greater Sacramento area. Call (916) 455-4548 today for more information.
- Plumbing Services
- Plumbing Company
- Plumbing Emergency
- Tankless Water Heater
- Air Conditioner Maintenance
- emergency plumber
- bathroom fixtures
- clogged drain
- video inspection
- Hot Water Heater Repair
- Drain Clogs
- Sump Pump
- Septic Tanks
- water heaters
- plumbing vent
- flushable wipes
- Toilet Repair
- trenchless sewer repair
- water supply
- overflowing toilet
- sewer line
- drain cleaning
- hot water heater
- conserving water
- sewer inspection
- trenchless water line replacement
- plumbing pipe materials
- air conditioning
- septic system
- septic maintenance
- sprinkler system
- plumber licensing
- electric water heater
- water heater thermostat
- garbage disposal
- water temperature
- home water filtration
- slab leaks
- water heater maintenance
- plumbing inspection
- air conditioner
- floor drains
- lateral pipe lining
- pipe repair
- gas line leak
- automatic sprinkler drains
- dishwasher clogs
- indoor plumbing
- low flow toilets
- back flow prevention
- septic system inspections
- water main leak
- home irrigation systems
- heating system
- irrigation system
- gas leak
- shower valve
- shower head
- water heater blankets
- GROHE Shower System
- water meter