Hot Water Heater Service
Your hot water heater is an amazing appliance. Most people don’t think about how great it is that they can summon clean, hot water whenever they want. As with all appliances, however, there will come a time when your water heater needs professional repairs. If you’re looking for a plumbing company that can provide effective hot water heater repair in Sacramento, contact the team at Ace Plumbing. We can address a wide range of water heater issues.
Common Water Heater Problems
If you happen to notice any of the following issues, or if your water heater isn’t operating as well as usual, call one of the technicians at Ace Plumbing.
- Leak: As your water heater ages, it will likely spring a leak somewhere. Much of the time, a leaky tank will need to be replaced. However, experts may be able to save the tank under some circumstances.
- Sediment Buildup: The water that enters your home has trace amounts of minerals, and those minerals can build up over time, causing serious problems. If you hear loud noises coming from your water heater, it’s probably a result of sediment buildup.
- Temperature Problems: If your showers are getting shorter because your hot water starts running out quicker, there’s probably an issue with the heating element. Once you get a technician from Ace Plumbing to take a look, your water heater should be as good as new.
Water Heater Maintenance Recommendations
Though you can’t eliminate the need for repairs, you can delay it as much as possible by keeping up with water heater maintenance. Here are a few things you can do to maximize your water heater’s lifespan.
- Reduce Water Temperature: The higher the temperature of your water, the harder your water heater will work. Consider bringing the water temperature down to 120 degrees; it’ll help you save money on energy, prevent water from scalding you, and reduce the need for repairs.
- Drain the Tank: Draining your tank once or twice a year can help prevent the buildup of sediment. Turn off the heater, let the water cool down, close the cold water intake, then drain the water from the drain valve. Repeat this a couple times.
- Call a Professional: The best way to ensure that your water heater stays well maintained is to have a professional take care of it for you. During an annual checkup, a technician from Ace Plumbing will identify small issues well before they become big ones.
If you have any questions about hot water heater repair, call Ace Plumbing of Sacramento at (916) 455-4548. We know how important a functional water heater is for home comfort, and we’ll work hard to ensure that your water heater operates at its peak efficiency.